Monday, April 30, 2007

Randomocity

Random snippets:

Sharpies are permanent markers. If they somehow mysteriously end up ALL OVER the skin of a six-year-old, including four colors on her face alone, there's really not a lot you can do to remove the marker, short of using an electric sander. It is now 36 hours until the first grade play, with any luck, the marker will have faded to the color of old bruises by then.

My sister-in-law came over with my one month old nephew today. My god he's just the cutest thing ever. It's a good thing the baby fussed and cried while he was here (in between some really adorable smiles), as well as produced a couple of nasty-ish diapers, or else I'd be getting Pete drunk tonight and trying to seduce him into another round of parenthood.

With only five weeks of school left, I have to say that I'm not feeling motivated to check over the children's homework or quiz them on their spelling words. Again, I'm just so thankful that they're near-geniuses and don't need a lot of maintenance.

We just hired a paving company to completely redo our driveway, including regrading the Everest section that almost requires a Hummer to ascend. It's going to be so nice to no longer be the white trash neighbors with the massive potholes and crumbling parts with crabgrass growing through the cracks. Of course, since our driveway is 115 feet from bottom to top, it's not going to be cheap to replace. I'm so pathetic that I was looking at the driveway yesterday and getting excited about fresh edges and straight lines.

I was at Dollar Tree today and found Fritos Scoops! How handy that the junk food people made it so convenient for me to scoop chili and/or cheese RIGHT ONTO my Fritos, with virtually no mess. It's a divine sign that I'm meant to eat more Fritos.

No comments: