Thursday, April 05, 2007

Cheez, not cheese

Since I had new floors installed today, that meant I had no functioning toilets in any of the bathrooms, as they had to be moved in order to put in the new floors. No toilets + two children home for Spring Break = a dangerous combination of factors, so I decided to have a field trip. I called Super Melissa and we schlepped the four children in the van (aka the Supermobile) all the way to Richmond to go to the children's museum there.

We packed lots of snacks, lunches, and treats because, well, kids get hungry. So do moms too, for that matter. We got there and the kids played for a long time before they needed sustenance. When the whining for food commenced, I went to the car to get our picnic food and brought it to the tables inside. Other families clearly had the same idea. Melissa and I had packed things like grapes, yogurt, sandwiches, etc.

As we were sitting there, I glanced over at the table next to us and couldn't help but notice what the two moms over there had packed for their little darlings. A 25 ounce container of neon orange cheese puffs. Seriously. The plastic container was way bigger than a gallon of milk. Now, they only had four kids between the two of them, not like an entire class of second graders. I don't know, it seems to me that if you can't contain your cheese puff needs within, say, sandwich bags, then you may just have some issues. I'm just sayin'...

No comments: