Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Second Grade Play


The second grade at Greenbrier E.S. presented "Coyote Steals the Summer" today.

A Native American story, the play was about how Coyote worked with the forest animals to outsmart the Tipi People and steal summer from in order to free the land from perpetual winter. Or something like that. Pete and I weren't really sure as, even though we were in the second row, we couldn't hear much of the dialog and the music didn't enlighten us much either. All we know is that the cast of 60+ 7- and 8-year-olds had a LOT of energy. Energy that flowed from the stage and enveloped the audience, comprised mostly of parents and grandparents. This energy manifested itself in, ahem, very enthusiastic singing and acting. Oh, and dancing. Lots of dancing, including some very inspired moves.

What is important however, is that Graceful was in the chorus of Sky Spirits and she was without a doubt the cutest, most adorable Sky Spirit on stage. Other Sky Spirits' parents might beg to differ, but I am a discerning judge of cuteness. Check this out:




Seriously? The cutest Sky Spirit ever.

1 comment:

Happy Working Mom said...

I can't wait until I get to see my kids in school things - plays, sports, etc. I have a feeling I'm going to cry the first time :)

Your daughter is adorable!